Shimano Ultegra ST-R8025 Short Reach STI Lever With BR-R8070 Caliper 11 speed.
Precision-engineered short reach Ultegra STI levers with hydraulic disc brakes give you control, modulation and power with minimal effort in all riding conditions.
The Shimano Ultegra R8020 series shifters bring greater rider control in all conditions thanks to Shimano's category-leading hydraulic disc brakes. Lighter front shift action and refined ergonomic shape sweeten the deal.
With a low-profile Flat Mount design, the Shimano Ultegra R8000 series hydraulic disc brakes provide greater control in all conditions without interrupting the aero lines of road bikes.
The distance from initial lever position to pad contact point can be adjusted to suit any hand size, type of riding and individual rider preferences.
When you pull a Servowave brake lever, initial pad travel is fast, so little lever movement is needed to bring the pads into contact with the rotor. The power multiplication factor then increases rapidly at the pad-to-rim contact so more of the lever stroke is used to apply greater braking power with improved control.
The fade, which can occur to disc brake rotor and pad when braking on a long downhill ride for instance, has a negative impact on the braking performance. Shimano has adopted Ice Technologies disc brake rotor and Ice Technologies pad to realize the cooling technology for consistent performance. The clad disc brake rotor blade, which has a 3 layer-sandwich structure of stainless steel, aluminum and stainless steel, provides better radiation performance. Also, the radiation fin has been adopted for the pad. Moreover, the clad disc brake rotor blade and the radiator fin provide long pad life, less noise, less fade and lightweight.
Ice Technologies piston in order to achieve optimized lightweight, high rigidity and heat dissipation. Oversized pistons transfer hydraulic power directly to the brake pad, and ceramic material is used to avoid heat transfer for constant stable braking, providing efficient stopping power transfer without loss.
One Way Bleeding
“One Way Bleeding” was developed for quick and easy prevention of air in our hydraulic system. We have streamlined the oil route throughout the system to prevent air bubbles from being captured in the system.
One way oil routing plus a funnel tool with mineral oil provides an easy and clean bleeding system.
- Shift cables are routed under the bar tape: re-development and positioning of the internal mechanism in combination with Polymer coated cables have made this possible, providing faster, lighter and smoother shifting
- Vivid indexing provides a constant amount of shift lever force across all 11 sprockets
- Ergonomic shift arc follows natural hand movement with inward shift stroke distance reduced for rapid and precise gear changes
- Smaller lever size and new positioning improves ergonomics
- Hydraulic brake lever provides excellent stopping power with less effort especially from the hood position
- Hydraulic reservoir tank provides pad to rotor clearance auto-adjust maintaining braking performance during pad wear
- Free stroke adjustment for pad to rotor contact setting
- Tuneable reach adjusters enable custom fitment for all hands
- Kit contains bled ST-R8025 STI, BR-R8070 flat mount brake calipers with pads, hoses and mineral oil (without rotors or adapters)